Monday, November 14, 2005

Response to Jose's article

I could not get the link to work, but I think I found the article you were referring to here:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/ats-ap_health12nov14,0,6964441.story

I think there is potentially some good information about the behavior of the virus that can come from studying this man's case. It's also good to keep in mind that there are many strains of the virus. An effective cure cannot be strain specific. I think that more information can be gained from studying those people who exhibit a natural immunity to the HIV/AIDS virus. There seems to be some type of biological adaptation in those people that prevents them from acquiring the virus. Unfortunately, I don't believe that a cure for the disease will be forthcoming anytime in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home