Monday, October 10, 2005

Re: robot car race

It's funny you mentioned the robot car race on the blog. When I saw the news article about it, I immediately thought of last week's discussion of robots in the battlefield. Interesting topic in iteself, but I want to know why unmanned vehicles unnerve Sean. Are we nervous about not being in control of something that transports us, has our lives in its hands? How is that different from putting our lives in the hands of another human, say, a pilot of a plane or the engineer of a train, or (scarriest to me) the driver of a bus? Wouldn't it make sense that if used in the comercial field, unmanned vehicles would mean fewer human-error accidents? I can see not wanting to lose control of certain aspects of one's life, but I can also see the benefits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home