Monday, October 24, 2005

Thoughts on Emily Rose

Hey all!
I know that this is more of the fantasy realm of science fiction, but I thought it was interesting none the less.
I went to see the Exorcism of Emily Rose last night, and while I found some of it a bit far stretched, I was wondering what everyone else thought about demons and possessions. The Catholic Church seems to recognize these events--although perhaps not the one from the movie--as real occurences, but since I'm not Catholic I'm not sure how I feel. Sometimes I think that people just get so caught up in something that it is more of a mental phenomenon than a physical one.
But if anyone is Catholic and has a perspective matching that of the movie, that these possessions really happen, I would be interested to hear it. Or if you aren't Catholic and have some thoughts, that's good too.
I also thought about Mr. Chiang's work with 'Hell is the Absence of God' and how things like this didn't happen because Hell wasn't necessarily a bad place. His, of course, was a non-religious perspective, so that was interesting as well. I wonder what he would have to say about that movie and all the interest it created in demons and things of that nature.
The movie is well done I thought. If anyone enjoys Mr. King's stories they would enjoy this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home