Monday, October 03, 2005

Food Pills and Evolution

These are fruitful topics for discussion, so I think I'll chime in on both with this post. First on the topic of food pills, I like the idea. I think it would be quite convenient. Of course, there would be times when I would like to actually cook my own meals; however, most days (especially this semester) I just don't have time to eat until around 9:00 pm. I think being able to take a pill to substitute would be remarkable. And if they were cheap, that would be even better. I think that the pills would be a great tool for combatting world hunger.

As far as evolution goes, I think I have to bring about some skepticism. I tend to agree that evolution does occur, but I have some questions that need answering. If we as humans did evolve from monkeys, toward what I would presume would be a more advanced being, where are the links in the evolutionary chain? Why have the less primitive primates outlasted these middle species? In virtually all other types of animals, there are various related species that have almost definitely evolved from a common source. I mean seriously, how many types of birds are there out there? And how many of them look utterly the same?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home